10.12.2011

well, my mama told me

Yesterday I caught up with a friend. We had lunch at a cafe and then walked along the beach. So far - nothing out of the ordinary. Until we came across this wharf:

I don't think that I'm such an off-the-cuff type person. I'm not so crazy and daring.
But yesterday; yesterday was one of the those days that happen once in a blue moon for me. I'm gunna try and make it the norm.

Wait for it, wait for it....

We jumped of this wharf. In our clothes.

Well not quite. Believe me, we really were going to, but it was low tide and the water was only up to our waist. So instead we swum far out towards those mountains. But still. In our clothes.

The whole time I couldn't help wondering why we don't do this more often. And I don't just mean going swimming despite the fact that its highly overcast, we have no towel, no bikini, and lots of people are watching us. But everything and anything. Grab the freakin bull by its horns.

Because its fun. Its liberating. And its God.

"My Mama told me there'll be days like this."
- Van Morrison

No comments:

Post a Comment